A general dentist is like the primary care physician for your smile. Our Los Angeles general dentistry expert can coordinate your care needs, perform necessary diagnostic procedures, create treatment plans, perform essential procedures, refer you to specialists and provide you with the dental care you need to keep your smile as healthy as it can be.
In order to get the most out of your dental care, you must visit us on a regular basis. At your next appointment with our Los Angeles general dentist, we will review your dental history, medical history, medications, and dental hygiene routine. We will examine your teeth and gums for any changes and check your smile for any symptoms of dental disease. We will also check your restorations to ensure they are all functioning just as they should. We will finish by cleaning your teeth, polishing them to remove superficial stains, and smoothing them.
General Dentistry Los Angeles
Our expert in general dentistry in Los Angeles may then make personalized recommendations based on our findings. These can include a variety of treatment options, such as:
• Tooth-colored fillings to fill cavities or to replace worn metal fillings
• Dental bondings to correct small flaws or to improve the look of teeth
• Teeth whitening to lighten stained or discolored teeth
• Porcelain veneers to dramatically change the look of a smile
• Orthodontic treatment to correct bite problems and improve the alignment of teeth
• Dental implants, bridges or dentures to replace lost teeth
• Periodontal treatments to improve the look or health of gums
Additional treatments such as TMJ treatments or treatments for sleep apnea and bruxism are also available. Your treatment needs are as individual as you are, and we can help you decide on the best approach for your needs.
Patients who struggle with dental anxiety or phobia may benefit from dental sedation. This is the use of anti-anxiety medication to induce a calmer state so that you can relax during treatment. Sedation dentistry can be a great option for those who just want to relax or sleep during their dental treatment, too. Call us today to learn more or to schedule your appointment during our appointment with our general dentist in Los Angeles.